The Rental Process For Landlords
Landlords House Rental Process
With many Landlords preferring to register their properties with several estate agents when seeking a new tenant, choosing an Agent is not really an issue – although recently more and more letting agents will offer a more competitive fee, depending on whether the Landlord is prepared to give them “sole agency”, or not.
1. Valuation: Most professional landlords are fully aware of the market value for their property, but if you are not experienced, we recommend seeing 3 or 4 estate agents to seek their advice regarding a suitable monthly figure to ask. Valuations are generally free and offered without obligation – so, with the exception of an investment of a bit of your time, there is no “downside” to speaking to several people during the landlord rental process.
2. Fees: Generally this depends on the service required by the Landlord. Our rental fees for landlord services are:
Silverman Black Group Limited are registered with the Property Ombudsman Scheme
Silverman Black is registered with the Deposit Protection Scheme and all 6 week deposit are held with the Government backed scheme.
3. Tenant Find/Rent Collection: At Silverman Black, we do not generally offer a simple tenant find service, unless specifically requested in the landlords rental process. Instead we prefer to provide a better service – but at the same price. To this end, we provide a “Rent Collection” service for the same fee that most estate agents in Carshalton charge for simply finding a tenant. Statistics show that tenants are more likely to pay their rent to an estate agent than direct to a Landlord, whilst, of course, we can advise on suitable insurances in case of difficulties during the rental process.
4. Fully Managed: Unless the Landlord is local enough to keep an eye on their own property, we generally recommend our fully managed service – providing a 24/7, 365 days per year service to both you and your tenant.
5. Marketing: Once the property is on the market, we will produce full colour property details, which will be circulated to all our prospective tenants, ensuring the maximum exposure for your property, during the house rental process. Being represented on all the major web-portals, we aim to drive as many tenants to your property as possible, ensuring that the highest possible rental return is achieved.
6. Offers: As your estate agent, all offers will be reported to the Landlord immediately and on their merits, and, after referencing, the Landlord’s decision about the rental will be final.
7. Insurances, Gas and Fire Regulations: As your estate agent, we are always happy to give free and impartial advice in relation to either Landlord’s Insurance or your legal obligations in the property rental process.
8. If you wish Silverman Black to conduct an Inventory/Check in on your behalf please see above for all fees applicable.